Updated Rules for Gorey Tennis Club
18th May 2020
The new Return to Tennis Protocols which allows us to open our courts on a phased basis supersedes previously issued rules.The Re-Opening of Gorey Tennis Club on May 18th is underpinned by the following priorities:
- Health and Wellbeing of members and their families
- Strict Adherence by all members to the current HSE and Government Plans in relation to the current COVID-19 Pandemic e.g. 5K Travel restrictions; Over 70s guidelines; Social distancing etc.
- Compliance with Tennis Ireland Guidelines to operate the sport in a responsible way during this pandemic
- Ensuring we communicate with members regularly
To this end, the Committee set out the following Rules for the club and will review these on a weekly basis.
These Rules are set out under the following headings and will also be made available on the courts.
Single Games ONLY (unless all 4 members of the same household are playing then doubles are permitted)
All Games – 45 minutes
Courts Open initially as follows:
Monday – Friday
10.00am– 12.00 noon
19.00pm – 21.00pm
10.00am– 12.00 noon and 14.00pm – 16.00pm
Juniors have access to courts during the following times
Mon, Wed, Fri 10.00 – 12.00
Courts 1 & 3 games start on the hour
Courts 2 & 4 games begin 15min past the hr
Courts will be unlocked and opened/closed by Official Courts Monitor.
Social Distance Compliance
(a) Courts must be Monitored when open – the Committee will monitor courts for the first week
(b) Official HSE Signs erected and visible around courts
(c) Clubhouse Locked and not available except to Committee Member
(d) Seating areas cordoned off and signs in place
(e) Hand Sanitisers provided by the club will be available on all courts and clearly visible.
We ask that you follow these guidelines when playing your game.
- Arrive for tennis with just racket; your balls clearly marked; your own personal sanitising products
- No changing of ends during games
- No handshake at end of game
- Bags; Jackets etc not to be placed on benches or brought into courts.
- No congregating or chats around club – observe at all times Social Distancing Guidelines
- Remove all gloves/wipes from courts and dispose at home
- Junior Members MUST be accompanied by a Parent/Guardian for their games and this name given to Courts Monitor
As you can see, we will be playing under very different circumstances and as one of the few sports to be allowed play, we will be closely watched.
Therefore, we ask that all members agree to these new return to tennis rules at the club and be assured that they will be reviewed regularly and with your co-operation and when appropriate we can look to increase availability of courts.
Members should behave with the utmost courtesy at all times and consideration given towards other members particularly those playing on court. Members should also treat the courts, the clubhouse and its environs with respect and ensure that no damage is caused to the court surface or other club property. Any misuse of club property should be reported to the committee. No food or drink is permitted in or around the courts.
In the event of any dispute arising between members concerning the running of competitions and tournaments the committee shall adjudicate and in this regard the decision of the Committee shall be final.